1. T. Atzet, Zone Hydrologist, USDA Forest Service, Region Six, Siskiyou and Umpqua National Forests. Supervisor's Office, Siskiyou National Forest, 200 NE Greenfield Road, P.O. Box 440, Grants Pass, OR 97526-0242. Pers. commun., November 1992.
2. K. Currens, Oregon Cooperative Fishery Research Unit, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331. Pers. commun., May 1994.
3. N. Buroker, 21617 88th Ave. West, Edmonds, WA 98026. Pers. commun., March 1993.
4. M. Jennings, Steelhead Program Leader, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, 2501 SW First Avenue, P.O. Box 59, Portland, OR 97207. Pers. commun., January 1993.
5. F. Everest, U.S. Forest Service Pacific Northwest Research Station, Forestry Sciences Laboratory, 2270 Sherwood Lane, Suite 2A, Juneau, AK 99801-8545. Pers. commun., January 1994.
6. M. Evenson, District Fish Biologist, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, 1495 East Gregory Road, Central Point, OR 97502. Pers. commun., January 1993 and May 1994.
7. S. Phelps, Washington Department of Fisheries, P.O. Box 43151, Olympia, WA 98504, Pers. commun., April 1994.
8. These numbers, including the total, are taken from Sheppard (1972, p. 549). The discrepancy between the sum of the component numbers (1,518,100) and the given total (1,528,800) is not explained.